Matagorda Crossing Rail Terminal sits at a crossroad of major pipeline and railroad connectivity 7 miles southeast of the Markham Salt Dome. This underdeveloped deep basin salt dome is poised to be the next major source of energy production along the Texas Coast.
ABOUT THE TERMINAL
- 500 Acres – Phase 1
- UP/BNSF-Approved Service Design
- Existing Pipeline Corridor Connectivity to Markham Salt Dome (7 Miles)
- 12,000 Feet of Mainline Rail Frontage
- Air Quality Attainment Zone
- Phase 1 Environmental, Non-Jursidictional
- Tax Abatement Approved by Matagorda County
- Process Water via Lower Colorado River Authority
- Abundant Electrical Supply Available
- Multiple Energy Area Pipelines
- ALTA & Topographical Surveys
- Preliminary Geo-Technical and Subsurface Exploration
- Shovel Ready
WHY MATAGORDA CROSSING?
Expanding Houston’s infrastructure, especially for rail and salt cavern storage, is becoming more complex – resulting in discussions on whether to develop other Texas Gulf Coast outlets.
The existing Markham salt dome represents the closest location with deep, high-quality salt to handle storage for all Permian NGL streams. In addition, South Texas is an under-served and growing petrochemical feedstock market that will value new light hydrocarbon feedstock sources due to its proximity to the Permian Basin and an air permit Attainment Zone.
FEATURES OF THE TERMINAL
- UP/BNSF Dual-Service Available
- Multiple Lease and Purchasing Options Available
- Build-to-Suit Pad Sites
- Pipeline Connectivity On-Site
- Manifest & Unit Train Capabilities
- Terminaling Options
- Transloading Options
- Railcar Storage Options
- Railcar Switching Services
Put Our Experience to Work for You
© The Lodestar Company 2019